Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'M GETTING EVEN WITH PHONY SCAM EMAILS

You know those "diverting of funds" junk emails that manage to clog your mailbox? Dearest Madame, they begin. And it’s always a poor widow or widower who found my name, who needs to get money out of the country and all I have to do is send my name, ss#, and bank account #. This sham has extended to those calling themselvs members of the Armed Forces who claim they need to get the money out of Iraq or Afghanistan. It is APPALLING. So here’s what I’m doing, and I hope you’ll follow my lead:

I am now responding to all of those phony appeals with the message, “I'm calling the police.” It makes me feel better because I know they are scared. But, I want to share this email which I received after I sent back my “I’m calling the police” message. It just goes to show they will stop at NOTHING!

(The spelling is exactly the way the email arrived)


Attn:Margie Goldsmith,
Compliment of the day,Hope you are doing great today?In regardss to your mail i would say you don't know the oppurtunity you are missing because as the saying goes oppurtunity comes but once. I showed you my sincerity by bringing to your notice your fund in other to make sure your fund gets to you but you are not showing any sought of appreciation instead you in turn threaten me with the police because you feel i am a fraud and would be scared of the police but that is a very big no because i know the reason i am contacting you and also have all the legal back up.
I think you should think twice before you take any drastic measure towards this, because i could as well divert this fund in question.I want you to get back to me as soon as possible with the required information in other to avoid any kind of mistake.
i wait your respose soon.
Regards,
Frank Obumname.

I guess they just don’t give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment